Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Flooded Thankyou Card

Hello again! I made this card last night for one of my husbands colleagues who lent us a sump pump yesterday. Thank goodness he did, our basement was flooded with about 6 inches of water and it was a huge help (not to mention every store in the area was sold out of them too!). I thought it would be funny to make a 'flood' kinda card for him as a thank you! I used Life's a Beach and I think this is a cool way to use it, it's not really bright and beachy like you'd assume. I also used Indie Art for the cloud and Winter Woodland for the sentiment.



Just a reminder that the winners for my giveaways are posted below (in the previous post)!!



Here's my sketch, I sketched both the inside and the outside because they both involved cricut cuts.







Then I made the cuts with my Gypsy. I actually fit them all on one page but it was a pretty tight fit so I probably should have used two pages. OH well!





Then I started assembling my cuts and inking the borders. i typically inked in black except the waves I inked in blue. I also added some stickles to the borders of the waves for some glitter.



Then I went onto the background for the front of the card. i wanted this to be the interesting part of the card as opposed to the cricut cuts. I tore some paper at different inclines to make the water look somewhat dynamic and added in my stickled wave pieces so make the edges look more wavelike. I also inked each piece in blue but the background piece of the card I inked in black to give more of a border.







Then I started adding my cricut cuts to the layout.



Onto the inside of the card

I added a background piece of paper with the white paper over it and inked the edges of both of them. I then added my cricut cuts (which I had inked previously) and was all done. Looks like it took more time than it did ;)






and the finished card! Outside:





Inside



I ended up writing "Thanks for helping to stop the flood! That pump was a livesaver!" on the inside (get it? Lifesaver? ha ha ha....im a sucker for a cheesy pun...)

Hope you enjoy and thanks for stopping by!

-Cassie

4 comments:

  1. This is OUTSTANDING. Your really did a wonderful job on this card. It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great design and SUPER card! I love the layout too, and the inside. Very nice! Aloha, J:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card .. and the inside words match it to a T .. love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're awesome!