Friday, March 26, 2010

New Layouts and Sweethearts WINNER

Alrighty it's Friday which means time to pick the winner of the Sweethearts cartridge! yay! Thanks everyone so much for your comments, I really appreciate them :) I used random.org to pick a number from 1-20 (the number of comments) and came up with #15:

Lauren said...
Gorgeous card! Thank you for the opportunity to win this cart!


Congratulations Lauren! Email me (Cassie) at GlueMeetsPaper@gmail.com by next Friday- one week- and I'll get that cart mailed out to you ASAP :)

In other news I have a little blog candy if anyone is interested. Some Disney and Florida stickers and some wedding style embellishments. I'll probably mail these the same day I mail the cartridge so I will draw a winner in a couple days, just leave a comment on this post saying you'd like to be entered.

Photobucket

Okay onto today's layout: and YES i will have more cards up here instead of only layouts! I've just been in a layout kinda mode lately :) Today I decided to try something completely different, i'm still a little iffy on how it turned out. I think it's definitely different but not a layout I plan to do too too often. This is the layout map I chose

http://www.pagemaps.com/mar10maps.htm (third one down)

in case you don't go to the link the map shows a LOT of little 2x2 squares to make one 12x12 layout. Since this one followed the pagemap almost exactly I didn't even make a sketch!

So i had my pictures cut at the right dimensions and laid them out on some green paper. the pictures were all taken on one miscellaneous day a week ago, i thought it would be fun to scrap the randomness of a particular day. i knew i wanted a springy type of layout and originally picked green for the background color.

Photobucket

I laid my photo's out and it just looked boring so I thought I'd do a bright pink border to add some more color. I also inked the edges and added some faux stitching. I love the look of stitching on layouts but i don't have a sewing maching and even if I did I don't really know how to use one. So cheater method it is!

Photobucket

Then I started cutting out my little 2x2 squares of patterned paper (4 different paper types for this layout) and inking them. I also added faux stitching here to give a bit of a quilt like effect since this layout reminds me of quilting squares. This pic shows the square with and without the stitching, I really like the dimension that stitching border adds

Photobucket

THen I started laying out my photo's and paper squares. not the best pictures in the world- my husband was not in the mood for camera time when he got home from work and his expression shows it! haha

Photobucket

I also wanted to add some cricut accents in place of paper squares. in particular we had a huge ladybug infestation that day (literally hundreds! it was so gross, i had to vacuum them off the ceiling! yechk) so I wanted to include some ladybugs along with flowers. I used to think the ladybugs from the Doodlecharms cartridge were cute, now I just want to annhilate all ladybugs because theyve become such a nuisance! Flowers are from Storybook and SPRING title is from SYI, i ended up cutting this out larger because initially it was too small.

Photobucket

everything was inked before being assembled

Photobucket
Cricut cuts were pop dotted when added. I also added a strip of white paper with numbers to correspond back to the numbers I adhered to the photographs, so I could kind of have a key to all the little pictures. Number stickers are by basic grey.

Photobucket

I then repeated this for the second page of the layout just in the opposite order. I then added the title and some MS ribbons on some of the squares and that was it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats Lauren! Was really hoping to win this win but oh well, Ill have to suck it up and buy it hahaha

    Cute layout, love the ladybugs!

    Would love to ben entered to win the blog candy!

    Thanks for the great giveaways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have studiously been reading your entire blog word for word. I love your ideas and Congrats on the son!! I happen to have a 14yr old boy. ...would love to enter for blog candy...it would be a first! .........Chanda B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW WOW WOW!!! I just came across your blog (found you on the Cricut MB) and have scrolled down through several of your step by step photo tutorials. Can I just tell you that I absolutely LOVE this??? :) It is so awesome to see your creative process one step at a time, starting with the sketch and ending with your beautiful pages.

    Fabulous work! I'll be adding you to my list of faves! :)

    Lori (THCEO on the Cricut MB)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're awesome!