Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Child's Year Wedding Card

Alrighty! Today's project is a wedding card I made for my mom and dad- they're going to a wedding in the next few weeks and needed one.  I figured a spring wedding called for a springy wedding card- although I think this card is pretty versatile for something besides a wedding. 


First I made my sketch (as alllllways) and then I went through some of my paper stacks and picked out the colors I liked.  I then laid them all out together to make sure they coordinated how I wanted them to (Paper is all K&Co)



I cut two scallop rectangles for the background (look at my nice, new shiny cutting mat! yayyyy)  I then trimmed one of the rectangles to make a 'stripe' in the first rectangle.  This was then inked and put on a square piece of background paper.


Then I finished up my cricut cuts.  I used Accent Essentials for the scallop rectangle above, A Child's Year for the kids with the flowers, and Gypsy Wanderings for the hearts and LOVE sentiment.


For the ACY cut: I inked each piece and then glued them slightly askew so it would look like the top piece had a bit of a shadow (the cuts were the same size).  The heart was also inked in a light brown to add a bit of contrast.  Since most of the papers I chose for the background are so pattern heavy it's important to remember to ink around the edges- that little bit of a dark border really adds a lot of contrast in the final card and can make a biiiiiig difference.

Then I started assembling. I added the heart onto the background with pop dots and then added the ACY figures on top of that using taller pop dots. I also added a sentiment with a rubber stamp.

Lastly for embellishment I added a white bow and some pearl accents.  Scroll to bottom of post to see finished card.

Inside:

I bordered a piece of white cardstock with some of the scrap cardstock leftover from the front of the card.  I also used a piece of scallop border (leftover trimmings from the scallop rectangle from the front of the card again) to add some interest.  Everything was inked in a light brown.



Lastly I added the love sentiment cut out earlier and a green bow to finish.

Outside of Card:




Inside of Card:



Back of Card:



I always forget to show the back of my cards!  This past Christmas my husband had such a great idea for a gift!  He designed 3 logo's for my cardmaking (this is only one of them) and then found a company that could make rubber stamps from design files, so I have customized stamps for all the backs of my cards.  Isn't that neat?  My husband does graphic design as a hobby so the logo part isn't always easy for someone to do but apparently ordering customized rubber stamps is a snap so let me know if you'd like any more details about where he ordered them.  I love them!

That's it! Hope you enjoy :)  More projects to come

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're awesome!