Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Set of 4 Cupcake Cards

Hey everyone!  Sorry for the loooong delay in between postings, I have about a million projects in the queue however so I'll probably be posting a lot in the next few weeks :)

This project is a set of 4 blank cards I made as a gift.  I had a cupcake stampset from Michaels that had different phrases and cupcake images on it so I knew I wanted that to be the theme (I think I might be one of the only people left out there without the Sweet Treats cartridge!).  I also thought using this stamp set would be a great opportunity to try out using Copics!  I've been hearing and hearing and hearing about them but hadn't gotten a chance to try them out yet, as I mostly rely on my cricut over stamping.  Anyways I used these 4 colors of Copics for this project and then carried the blue, pink, and purple theme throughout the whole project.  Why did I only use 4 copics?  Because that's all I have so far (expensive little buggers!) but I really loved using them and based on this project at least I definitely reccomend them :)


Since I made 4 separate cards for one project my photo tutorials are going to be a little less detailed than I've done in the past.  However this project is pretty basic and not too 'teeny tiny detail' heavy so I don't think you'll need as many pictures to get the gist of how the cards were made anyways :)  At least hopefully!  If you have any other questions feel free to email me at GlueMeetsPaper@gmail.com and I'll be happy to get back to you!

Card #1:
I used the Gypsy to cut out the squares used for stamping and matting thinking this might be the sharpest way to do things, but by the 2nd card I just cut out by hand instead.  The squares were from Designer's Calendar, frame is by A Childs Year, and the oval is from Gypsy Wanderings.  I actually didn't use the oval for the 1st card like I thought but I ended up using it for the 2nd one (you'll see!)




Once the pieces were cut I stamped my images on the white squares, matted them with purple squares and matted the larger image on the frame.  For the two smaller images I embossed some pink cardstock and  matted the images on that.

 

Then I worked on the card background.  The paper used is Basic Grey Urban Prarie (my most favoritest paper pad!)



Then I added a bow, button, a blue border for some contrast, some pearl accents and mounted onto my card- I have all the finished card pictures at the very very bottom

Card #2: 
If you thought that first one was basic, these next 3 are SUPER basic!  I used the leftover oval cut from card #1 in this card and then used the same steps as before to complete this card: cut, stamp, color, assemble, embellish.  The End!  The scallop square was from Accent Essentials (i think....)




Again, finished card at the bottom :)

Card #3:

1. Sketch
2. Stamp and Color

3. Assemble cuts
4. Embellish! 

Card #4:
The simplest of them all :) I used the argyle embossing folder and a bubble kinda punch from EK success for some of the details.  Everything else is pretty self explanatory so I don't have any pictures of the card in progress, sorry about that!

Finished Cards:








The whole set:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're awesome!