Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Super Sweet Card

Hi everybody! Told you I'd have a new card for ya today :) I made this as a generic thank you/birthday/whatever card, since it's pretty versatile I made 4 again. Hope you like it!


I got the idea for this card from a stamp (by My Pink Stamper) that says "Super Sweet" that I've seen making the rounds on the blogs and messageboards. I thought it was real cute but I don't have that stamp set so I just stole the phrase (eeek) and ran with it



Here are the cricut cuts I used. I used Indie Art for the ice cream cone (it's my favorite ice cream cone cut available, I love that little drip down the side!) and Winter Woodland for the font. I love love love this font, so versatile!

Also- if anyone is ever interested in my cut files or the sizes that I cut anything out at please shoot me an email or leave me a comment asking for the information and I'd be happy to give it to you :)







Outside of Card

First I assembled all the little pieces for the word SWEET by gluing my letters to the base/shadow.





For the word SUPER I inked the edges in green (you can't tell by the picture) and added some white gel pen details.



To do the ice cream cone I just inked the edges of the ice cream portion in pink and then added some pink pearls for a little added detail. I cut the base of the ice cream cone twice so I could pop dot in between the layers.



Then I started assembling the card piece by piece. I added a matching pink ribbon to the bottom of the scallop rectangle cut and then started adding from there:











Inside of Card

I've been having so much fun doing the insides of my cards lately! I never never used to do them but I've really been getting my money's worth out of my cricut cartridges by decorating the insides. You really get to take full advantage of all the features a cartridge offers, most often I've been using the border feature which I think looks real cute on the bottom of the writing area of a card. I used the ice cream cone border feature on Doodlecharms for this. It took quite a while to make these borders for 4 cards but I think they're oh so cute!

First I inked the 'ice cream' portions for all the cones in a corresponding pink



Then I added the cherries on top and used a red sharpie to color them (they were too small to ink and I didn't want to have to cut them out twice on the cricut).



I then added the border to the inside of the card

Finished Product





1 comment:

  1. Love Love Love this card!
    The pearls are a great add .. makes the ice cream look even more edible!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're awesome!