Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Winter Fun- Christmas Layout

Well I'm finally nearing the end of my 2008 scrapbook!  Im just a tad bit behind on my scrapping :P  SO the last few pages are Christmas and New Years- this page is about decorating our first Christmas tree.  This was before I was into scrapbooking so the picture quality is HORRIBLE (now a days I know my pictures will be scrapped so I at least TRY to take better ones :) ). Anyways it was fun and I love doing projects off season- I was getting sick of "Spring" stuff ;).  OH speaking of pictures- check out the one I snapped of my dog Baxter today- I can't stop laughing at it! 

Ha ha ha!  Goofy little guy :)  Enough fooling around- on to scrapbooking!  This layout design is by Becky Fleck in PageMaps.  I had my photo's printed out 2x2 for the little guys and 8x10 for the big picture which I then cut down to 6.5x9, then I matted all the pictures.

The Basics:


The Background:

I inked the edges of each piece of background paper with Ginger colored Adirondack ink using a cosmetic sponge.  Once these were adhered I cut out the swirly Christmas tree design from the Christmas cartridge in green and added this to the layout.  Then the matted photo's were placed over it.

Then I added a red strip of paper for the photo's on the righthand side of the layout.  I added my 2x2 photo's and a journaling box.



The Title:

This was pretty basic- the cut is fromt Winter Woodland and I made sure to ink all the separate pieces.  I cut the shadow out twice so I could add pop dots in between the layers to add some dimension to the final title.


The Ornaments:

These were all cuts from the Christmas cartridge as well.  I glued all the layers together, inked the final ornaments, and added them to the layout using brads to give the impression that they were hanging.



The Snowflakes:

These were also cut with the Christmas cartridge.  I inked these (getting to see an obsession here? hehe) as well and added them to the top of the layout.  One of the things I remember about the night we decorated our first Christmas tree was that it started snowing outside- the first snowfall of the season- so I knew I wanted to incorporate snowflakes in the layout :)



I added the snowflakes to the layout and then added a couple red brads and a yellow button (to resemble ornaments and a star) to the swirly Christmas tree cut on the lefthand side, just for some added detail.

Finished Product: (click to enlarge)



Close Ups:


1 comment:

  1. I stumbled across your blog and was reading thru your older post. I couldn't believe you didn't have any comments on this wonderful page! I am inspired!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're awesome!