Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Charlie Scrapbook Pages

Hello, hello!  I'm finally starting to get to scrapping some pictures of Mr Charlie, which I've been looking forward to doing for quite some time now but I wouldn't let myself until I finished my pregnancy album and all my thank you cards :)  I've really enjoyed working on these layouts and hope you like them too :) 

Some of my FAVORITE pictures of Charlie ever (so far, I mean he's only 3 months old right? hehe) are these ones of him stretching.  It's so funny to see the silly faces he makes when he stretches- cracks me right up! So I knew the photo's I wanted to use and then I picked out my patterned papers and got all the coordinating cardstock gathered together. 


And picked my layout design- this is by Becky Fleck from PageMaps2 (she rocks)


  Here I matted the photos, i used two 5x3.5in photos instead of the one big on in the middle


Then I started adding pieces to my pages.  I chose this 'cardboard' shade of brown as the background- I've been seeing people using this shade a lot and I really like how it looks.  nice and neutral



One of the things I'm really trying to start doing more is utilizing patterned pages.  For example, I loved the scallop border on this page so I just carefully cut it out and then could use it as an embellishment on the layout.  I used it to border some photos on the top part of the page and then as an anchor in the lower lefthand side.

I even used the negative from cutting out the scalloped border and I think it came out awesome! I accentuated it with some adhesive pearls.





I've also got this awesome lace ribbon I've been using like crazy so I added it here as well, adds some nice dimension IMO.

I used a border punch here and roughed up the edges a bit with my fingers.


I cut out two circles, inked them, and used a stamp to add journaling lines and a date stamp.



I cut out two more circles to frame the journaling and added these to my layout


Then added the title.....

And the journaling....I was hesitant on whether to only journal on the bottom circle or to journal on both and I really like the look on both, looks more cohesive.

I cut some nautical stars out using my Cricut and the Indie Art cartridge


I added these to the layout along with some coordinating buttons I had lying around




Lastly I added stickles to the nautical stars and around the red scallop border to make it "pop" a little more. I also cut out a "love" image from one of the patterned pages and added that with some pop dots.  I have no idea why it's taken me so long to start cutting out images from patterened paper, it's so easy and cheap to do plus it really looks neat!

Finished Product:





Here are two other pages I did as well (Charlie has huge hands and feet, those pictures are from when he was only a week old :P I should probably go back and write that on the page somewhere huh??)




Anyways, hope you guys enjoy these layouts and have a fabulous Thanksgiving!!  I wish you all luck in scooping up $20 Cricut cartridges on Black Friday :P

1 comment:

  1. these are adorable! I love how detailed they are and all the paper that you used. You're son is too cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're awesome!