Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pumpkin Picking Layouts

Hi everyone!! I just finished scrapping pictures from when our family went pumpkin picking this past October :) I did a photo tutorial for one of the pages and I'll just post pictures of the rest of them.  I used the Dear Diary kit from NoelMignon.com- so awesome!  Hope you like em, i had lots of fun making them :)

"My Boys" Layout

As always I start with a sketch!  I was debating putting a stamp in the lefthand corner (I decided against it) and I knew I wanted to put some Cricut-made pumpkins on the layout- there are so many to choose from!


I used the pumpkins from Gypsy Wanderings, the font from Hannah Montana, and some flourishes from Storybook (not pictured).

 I cut all my pieces and then used distress ink to ink around the edges of them all.  I also embossed the letters with the Swiss Dots embossing folder.


 I matted my photo's in white and for the main picture I added some hemp around the top.  I added three separate pieces to the photo instead of wrapping one long piece around the top 3X- I was afraid that doing that would bend the picture.  Plus doing each piece separately I had more control deciding what I wanted each piece to look like.

Then I started making my background.  I took advantage of pre-stitched paper and a die cut piece of paper here to help save some time.  As I mentioned, all papers are from Noel Mignon's Dear Diary kit.





I added some borders from Crate Paper along the bottom edge of my photo.


Then I started adding in my Cricut cuts.  I worked outside in- first the flourish, then pumpkins, then some leaves, then more pumpkins etc.


For the big pumpkin I glued the leaves on directly to the pumpkin instead of the paper.


I used pop dots to add a close up of my image. To finish I added a brad to the hemp at the top of the picture and used Tiny Type by Cosmo Crickt to add in the words "Jealous?" along the right ege. 



Finished Projects:










Hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're awesome!