Thursday, January 20, 2011

Crate Paper "Brook" Layouts

Hi everybody!  I actually have a tutorial for you (finally, right?) today!  I made this LO of my husband using Crate Paper's Brook line which is soo gorgeous.  It's great for more masculine layouts I think too.  Enjoy!

The first thing I did was pick the pages I wanted to use. I chose a lot of the blue pages to go with the blue shirt Robb is wearing in the photo.


Then I picked out my sketch, by Becky Fleck in Page Maps 2


Then I started assembling.  I chose a khaki color border for the LO.  Ive found that a thin border around a LO can really add a LOT to the final product.


and I used my new deep MS Punch along one edge (don't you just LOVE that punch?? I do!)


And then I trimmed the background sheet of paper...


Before I continued I inked all of my pieces (and added a punch to the top of the deep blue piece as well) to give some contrast between all the similar colors.  Doesn't it make a big difference?


Following the sketch I turned up the bottom right corner...


Then I added my matted photo of my hubby (ain't he cute?)


And I added an adhesive border that came with the paper pack


I then cut out a small journaling block, matted it in green, and used "Journaling Jots" by CTMH to add some journaling lines


I used a circle included in the pack to add some embellishment to the top (inked of course!)


  Then adhered the journaling block to my LO


Then added another coordinating flower and a button (with a small twine bow)


I cut two squares and matted them in brown in stead of using two pictures as shown in the sketch.


I used my Gypsy to cut out two hearts from the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge then inked and adhered them to the squares


I added those to the LO along with some buttons (with twine bows again) and my title "love" (letter stickers are Basic Grey)


and I added a small punch out flower to the corner for some embellishment


And added some brads to the punch to give it some definition


And last but not least I added some hearts to the journaling block and actually journaled :)



Here's the final product!  Hope you enjoy :)



3 comments:

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're awesome!