Saturday, April 30, 2011

New Layouts and a Guest Designer Spot!

Hi guys!  Here are a few new layouts I've been working on

This one is made with the Portrait collection.....ooooo I love it I love it.  I am so seriously obsessed with Crate Paper.  This is a layout of Charlie's birth announcement (my husband took the great photo)


I don't usually put a LOT of journaling on my layouts but I have very specific memories of this photo being taken and I wanted to make sure I recorded them properly :)  I added the journaling to the red box, so it doesn't really interfere with the layout design but if you look closely you notice it.

Journaling reads "This photo was taken by your dad when you were only 2 weeks old.  I remember that it was the morning after we were first told about your Cystic Fibrosis.  I was lying there staring at you and feeling sad with a million thoughts running through my head.  I just wanted you to be healthy and happy and I was so sad for you because you'd have to go through so much.  While I was pondering all of this Robb got this beautiful photo of us.  We loved it so much we used it as your birth announcement, but whenever I see it I remember that difficult morning and how much I love you."

I also worked on one of the Pencil Line sketches for this week using the Very Virginia kit by Noel Mignon.com.  This kit never dies! I've been using it since January and still have plenty left. 




Journaling reads: "March 1, 2011 Peggy and I took a stroll to the beach in Old Saybrook.  It was a cold, rainy day but I love to be at the beach no matter what the weather!"

Okay and lastly- big news! I'm going to be the Guest Designer over at Monique Griffith Designs this Friday :D  I'm quite excited to share some of my new projects with everybody!  So make sure you head on over to Monique's wonderful blog on Friday May 6th to see my projects :)  I wont give them away but let's just say there's lots and lots of PINK (from me?  who knew?)!

3 comments:

  1. Very nice layouts. I love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love both your layouts, and I wish I was at the beach right now!! I'm so excited for you to guesd design for Monique! She lives not far from me, and I am going to her Crop for the Cure tomorrow! :) Can't wait to see what you do with pink...
    kristyscraps@sbcglobal.net
    p.s. I have been super busy with school right now and with 2 of my 3 boys in baseball that I haven't had the chance to properly thank you for my goodies that you sent to me...so, thank you so very much! I can't wait to dig in and make something special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sending you this award!

    http://designs-by-julie.blogspot.com/2011/05/thank-you-so-much.html

    Julie
    http://designs-by-julie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're awesome!