Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pretty Little Studio

Hi everyone! I have a few new Pretty Little Studio projects to share today!  I'm anxiously awaiting my DT box with the awesome Sand Castle Collection.....have you seen it? It's divine, make sure you check it out HERE.  Just in time for summer :)

First is a project using the big new ombre trend.  you can see the border strips along the bottom have a gradient from light to dark from one side to the other.  You can see how I did this by hopping over to the PLS blog :)  Aren't these photos of Charlie too silly.....such a big dude standing there watching tv with no shirt lol.  Nice physique huh?  You couldn't imagine the amount of fat that goes into that boy and he still has that little six pack lol.



The next layout was made for an Out of the Box Inspiration Challenge- it was a photo inspiration of a little coffee mug and ring stain.  I decided it was the perfect opportunity to try making coffee rings on a layout.  Since I didn't own a stamp I just made my own using Distress Ink, a water spritzer, and the bottom of a coffee mug.  I love the way it came out, looks a bit more authentic than a stamp too IMO because the water makes the ink distribution a little more uneven.


Both of these layouts were made with the Monsieur Collection (make sure you go pick it up if you haven't already!).  Thanks for checking in- hope you had a great 3 day weekend (I'm taking a 5 day weekend! wahooo)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're awesome!