Friday, March 1, 2013

Crate Paper Creative Weekly Challenge

Hi everyone!  Good news- Robb was kind enough to snap a few photos for me last night :)  Thanks Robbie!

SOoooo I will have some layouts to share with you over the next few days :)  Woo Hoo!  I made this layout last week for the Crate Paper Creative Weekly Challenge, which is to use red.  Now I personally don't care for red, I very VERY rarely make red scrapbooking layouts; but that's why I figured this would be a good challenge to get myself outside of my comfort level.  PLUS the prize is awesome-- one whole collection of your choice-- and I'll tell ya, I NEED that Maggie Holmes Collection.  SO hopefully this will do the trick ;)
I also kept in mind two open calls when making this layout that are for mixing alpha fonts (both for Scrapbook Trends and Creating Keepsakes).  I love doing this so I figured this layout would kill two birds with one stone.


Isn't that smile just so cute? I love this photo! I'll tell ya, if you're hubby isnt a photographer you better buy him a camera for his next birthday because it sure is handy having such beautiful photographs.



Anyways, since I don't LOVE red I kept the colors in the layout more gray and muted and just used red as an accent and title color.  Hope you like it, see you in a few days!

-Cass


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful layout! AND super cute smile. I hope you win the Maggie Holmes collection. The B&W photo is great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're awesome!