Monday, March 4, 2013

Pinterest as Inspiration

Hi people!  I'm here today to share how I use Pinterest to get ideas for layouts (is it safe to assume everyone knows about and is addicted to Pinterest by now? haha).  I wanted to share a few examples of layouts along with their Pinterest inspiration :)

If you'd like to follow my Pinterest my UserName is GlueMeetsPaper and my scrapbooking themed board is HERE, crafting board is HERE, altho I have other ones besides those two as well!

If you look on my Scrapbooking Board you'll see that many of the pins aren't scrapbook related at all.  You'll see quilts, bouquets of flowers, and other random things- I like to use these as a springboard for my layouts.  I also have layouts, sketches, and cards that I like to use as more straight forward inspiration.

Here's one of my most recent layouts that was inspired by a quilt I found on Pinterest.  I changed up the color scheme so it was a little brighter and then stuck my photos in the white space.  Sorry the photo sucks, oh well, you get the idea!




The Inspiration:

As you know my blog header was inspired by the colors in this gorgeous bouquet of flowers



The Inspiration:

This layout was inspired by the sewing star you can see below


The Inspiration:

This layout was inspired this "wonky mug rug" design.  I just love using quilting ideas for layouts!


The Inspiration:

This layout was inspired by the placement in a digital layout.  I loved how the photos traveled up from the bottom of the layout and especially that circular photo. 


The Inspiration:

This layout was inspired by the "Sour Lemons" layout found below. I kept the circular elements portion but changed up the color scheme. I just adore the original, oh my!


The Inspiration:

Usually before I start a layout I"ll peruse through my Scrapbooking Pinterest Page and see if any of the ideas jump out at me or look like they would mesh well with the papers/photos I'm planning on working with.  I love the idea of using a beautiful photograph as inspiration for a scrapbook layout!  Are you guys as addicted to Pinterest as I am?  Is that even possible?


3 comments:

  1. I loved seeing how you wonderful creations stemmed from the inspiration pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get daily suggestions and guides for making $1,000s per day FROM HOME for FREE.
    GET FREE ACCESS INSTANLY

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're awesome!