Sunday, March 31, 2013

Spring Butterfly Wreath

Back again! Happy Easter everyone!  I'm here today to share a quick photo tutorial on how to make a Spring-y Butterfly Wreath, see below :)  I made this wreath for the challenge over at the Crate Paper blog which is to use wings, so I took that as butterflies and set about making a wreath.


Sooooooo to start out I bought a wreath base and gathered up supplies that had the bright and cheery feel I was going for.


Then I wrapped the whole thing in white ribbon, since I usually don't cover the sides 100% I like to see ribbon instead of that green foam staring back at me.


Then I gathered all the flowers I could find that went with my color scheme and I also made a bunch of rosettes at various sizes (using my Tim Holtz rosette die)


First of all I looped some yellow ribbon around the top so I could hang my wreath


Then I added my largest flowers and rosettes, roughly equally around the circle


And then I kept adding flowers and rosettes, medium to smaller ones




Once the big parts of the wreath were filled up I used little hydrangea flowers (punched) to fill in any of the smaller gaps.

Then I took some beading wire and twisted it in little curly-Q's.  After that I hot glued chipboard butterflies onto the wire and added this to the center of the wreath.


To finish off- I added a bow to the top of the wreath and some buttons and brads to the centers of the rosettes.  Easy peasy!  Here's another photo of the finished product:


And a few detail shots of all the different flowers (sorry these photos arent as nice, I forgot to ask Robb to take detail shots so these are with my iPhone!)





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful wreath! love all the flowers and butterflies!
    Thanks for sharing and have a very Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're awesome!