Thursday, April 4, 2013

Dear Scrapbooks Etc,

Thanks for returning my wreath that was published in your September 2012 issue of SBE (although I'm not sure, seeing as I never received the copy I was promised in my contract and you went out of business shortly thereafter).  I sure appreciate all the hard work you put into the packaging.  You might remember that when I shipped it to you I wrapped it in bubble wrap, placed it carefully in a box surrounded by tissue paper, and wrote FRAGILE in huge letters on the side of the box.  So it was really thoughtful of you to just throw it in an unmarked box with no padding and no 'fragile' or 'this side up' written on the box.  I also really appreciate how you took your time to return it to me.  Accordingly to my acceptance email I should have had this back last AUGUST (having mailed it to you literally a YEAR ago), but hey, 8 months late is the same thing right?  No, no, no, it's okay- i didn't want to use it as a Halloween decoration this fall, don't worry.  Also, it was real swell of all your employees to not respond to the 3 email inquiries asking when i would receive my wreath back.  Sending emails like that is really soothing for me, and I really appreciate that you allowed me to relax in that way.

But most of all, thanks for improving on my wreath design.  I knew it wasn't quite right when I first sent it in, and boy, you sure made it look so much cooler.  THANKS for that one, buddies.



So since Scrapbooks Etc is out of business, may I just send a big shout out to the Better Homes and Gardens team that managed to throw the pieces of my wreath in a box and mail it to me?  You guys are great at your job, thanks for treating my wreath like the artwork that it is, and acknowledging the hours that went into making it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that is just awful!! I made a wreath like that last month and it took me about 16 hours. How terrible of them! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I can not believe they sent your gorgeous wreath back like that!!
    I do have to say all put together it looks amazing!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.just.wow! I can't believe they did that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're awesome!