Sunday, June 23, 2013

The Sweetest Picture You'll See All Day

Hi everyone! Just stopping by quickly to show you quite possibly the most heartwarming photo you'll see ever.  Seriously, it melts my heart!  Here's a little back story

If you don't already know my son Charlie has Cystic Fibrosis.  I won't get into the nitty gritty of how crappy CF is, however you do need to know that he requires 1-2 hours of breathing treatments a day.  These are done with a nebulizer and a chest physiotherapy vest which shakes him around to loosen up all the excess mucus in his lungs.  My son is a very active toddler (2 years and 9 months) and does not care for sitting down chained to a nebulizer or a vest for hours a day, and who can blame him right?  So sometimes towards the end of his treatments he gets really fussy and cries and wants to be done already.

Our nanny also has a 5 year old niece that is staying with her for the month.  She asked if she could bring the little girl with her during the day while she's watching Charlie and we said of course!  We have a nanny to keep Charlie out of daycare and aware from germs, however he doesn't get as much kid to kid interaction as we'd like so we thought that this would be a great way for him to have a friend to play with during the day.

And they totally hit it off!  He adores his new friend (who he calls "girl" haha) and she is the sweetest little thing, who is happy to play with him and help him out whenever he asks.  A few days ago our nanny sent me this photograph of Charlie doing his breathing treatment and his little friend hugging him and encouraging him to keep going and telling him he was doing a great job.  The look of joy on my son's face is so infectious and you can see how happy this little friend makes him!

As a momma it makes me so happy that other little children accept him just the way he is and not only does the CF not bother them, they help make it more manageable for him, even at just 5 years old.  I seriously adore this picture and it brings a smile to my face every time I see it-- I hope you love it too :)

2 comments:

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're awesome!