Saturday, October 26, 2013

Fall Fun and Painted Pumpkins

Hi everyone!  Just posting about a fun little fall outing with Charlie this week and to share some cute painted pumpkins I made :)  My work schedule is Wednesday-Sunday, which kind of stinks sometimes because I feel like I don't see Charlie quite as much as I used to, and that 1 hour commute sure doesn't help either. This past Monday I decided to have a fun Mommy/Charlie day and told Robb he could have the house to himself because Charlie and I were going out!


I decided to go to Lyman's Orchard because they have apple picking and pumpkin patches.  It's about an hour away (only 15 minutes away from where I grew up though!) so we took the scenic route through CT and looked at all the gorgeous and BRIGHT fall colors.  They were so vibrant- pinks, oranges, yellows, red.  Just beautiful!


Once we arrived we got some lunch (and kettle corn, ahem) and headed to the pumpkin patch.  After much running around we went to the orchard and picked some apples, which Charlie really had fun doing.  I think I might make an apple crisp this weekend, yum yum!  Oh and of course I couldn't leave without picking up a half dozen of their amazeballs cider donuts!  OMG so yummy!





We stuck around for about 2 hours and then started back home.  Since we were having so much fun I stopped at a Petco on the way home so Charlie could look at all the animals.  I believe this is referred to as the poor man's zoo, haha.  After that we went into the cheese shop next door and had some fun picking out and testing all the cheeses.  Charlie is such a cheese hound, and I think it's funny that he will eat "fancy" cheese too.  At this point we had blown past nap time and I was SHOCKED Charlie was behaving so well! We stopped at Ruby Tuesdays next and Charlie had a late snack of mozzarella sticks, chicken strips, and french fries (gotta keep that weight up!).

We finally got home and we were both BEAT! It was such a fun day though, it's amazing how grown up Charlie is (sometimes) lately.  He was a good listener behavior-wise and I could actually have conversations with him in the car.  Such a little man!

The next day while Charlie was at preschool I decided to decorate some little pumpkins for the Noel Mignon Halloween crop (going on today on the facebook page!).





 I used the supplies in the Mini Masquerade Album kit (I LOVE that metallic paint dabber!!), and there are still some available!  I've also been super busy finishing up my mini album class, it starts on Monday and I'm so excited to share it with you all! There's plenty of time to sign up, there are 7 PDFs and HOURS of video tutorials so it's a bargain for only $10 :)  You can see some sneaks and the class outline HERE, and purchase by clicking HERE.

I gotta say, I love this time of year! Autumn in CT is beautiful: nice and cool, so many fun activities to do, and Robb and I were both born in October, so lots of birthday cake :P

Happy Fall!

-Cassie


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an AWESOME day!! Gorgeous photos and your comment about Petco being the "poor man's zoo" made me laugh out loud - we do that too!!!!! New Zealand isn't really huge on Halloween but I love seeing the pumpkins - so cute! Is a public holiday today here so enjoying the sunshine and the quiet before the kids wake up, can sympathise with you trying to fit fun activities into your non-working days, it's hard. Love your blog so thanks for using some of your precious time posting. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're awesome!