Thursday, October 3, 2013

Layouts to share using the Miss Nelson Kit

Hi friends!

I'm here today to share some layouts I've made recently using Noel Mignon's awesome Miss Nelson kit.  The main kit is sold out but there are still a few Project Life kits available :)  The colors in this kit are so soft and pretty, I just love them!

Before I get into my projects I want to make sure you all have signed up for my upcoming Mini Album Class with Noel Mignon.  It comes with a coordinating class kit which you can purchase HERE.  In the class I will be making both a "Summer in Review" album and a "Halloween" album, so you'll get to see the exact same techniques shown in two completely different ways.  The class contains a PDF and video for each chapter, I will have photo sneaks to share soon but in the meantime here is the class syllabus for your perusal
Chapter 1: Introduction and supplies
Chapter 2: Constructing your mini album from a cardboard box and creating sturdy pages
Chapter 3: Specialty Pages using supplies like burlap, vellum, paint, punches, etc...

Chapter 4: Flip Albums: two different types of albums and closure ideas for containing flip albums within your mini for extra photo real estate
Chapter 5: Embellishment Techniques: ideas using journaling cards, tabs, making your own envelopes, and more
Chapter 6: Designing Your Cover: creating a unique burlap flower and a ribbon closure for your album
Chapter 7: Final thoughts and album walk throughs

If you're interested in buying the class it is only $10 and can be purchased HERE.  I also have a giveaway going on for a FREE spot in the class HERE and one person who buys both the class and the kit will be chosen to win a brand new (sold out) Noel Mignon Evening Stroll kit (a $64.99 value) along with some other giveaways that will be happening during the class.  You know you wanna join in on the fun ;)

Now on to the projects!  This first layout is made using some of the really cool paper twine that was included in the kit.  I discovered that it is very easy to make tiny little tassles from the stuff, just tie it in a knot, cut off the excess, fluff out the paper twine below the knot, and snip little tassles.  Easy peasy, and I love the cool look it gives this layout!




Next up is a layout showcasing my son's first hair cut (from last year! man I'm slow).  There's even a little ringlet of hair attached, although it is hard to see in the picture it looks more like an actual ringlet of hair in person.  As I mentioned, I really enjoy the pink and blues in this kit but it's great for more masculine layouts because of all the black accent pieces.





Lastly is a layout I made about Charlie's friend Gracie. I fussy cut some flowers and just went embellishment crazy :)







Okay, that's it for today! Happy Thursday :)

-Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're awesome!