Sunday, December 29, 2013

Our Jar of Good Things

Hiya peoples!  Today I'm here to share a fun idea that I decided to do this year called the "Jar of Good Things".  The idea is from Pinterest (where else?) and whenever something good happens during the year you are supposed to write it down and put it in your jar.  At the end of the year on New Years Eve you and your family read about all the good things that happenned that year.  I, in particular, get very caught up on the negative so I thought this would be a great idea to help keep things in perspective.

Of course I couldn't just have a boring little mason jar, it had to be pretty! So I got to work decorating with a gold, kraft, and ivory color scheme.  The little envelope has a tag with "instructions" on it and I also keep a jar filled with blank kraft diecuts and a pen for writing down 'good things'.  That big gorgeous flower is by Precocious Paper, I added some sequins and a vintage military button to the center.



We've had a really great and exciting year so I'm really looking forward to reading through all of the "good things" come New Years Eve! I have to think of a way to save them all :) I'm actually quite shocked that I remembered to do it for a full YEAR.  I think the trick was keeping it out in the open with a pen and paper right next to it.  You should all try it next year!

While I'm sharing a crafty project I'll also include this gift card holder I made a few days ago.  I really hate handing over a printed gift card (you know the kind? Where you sign up for something online and they give you a print out to give the recipient) because it looks cheesy so I decided to make a pretty envelope to make the gift look nicer.  I sewed along the edges to close and used a doily as a liner (you pull out of the pocket from the top).


Be back tomorrow!




1 comment:

  1. This is the second time I've seen this idea of a "good things jar." I wasn't quite sure what it was, so thanks for the further explanation. I'd really like to try it for 2014 and hopefully help turn some negatives into more positives, if you know what I mean! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're awesome!