Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Make Ahead Meals- An Announcement :)

ETA: My new e-Book, “Make Ahead Meals: Freezer Meal Recipes that Make Dinner Quick and Easy” is finally up for sale! The book is both a step by step guide to getting started with freezer meals and a cookbook. The book contains over 50 recipes and printables for inventory tracking, labels, and grocery lists. All of the recipes use whole foods and each recipe lists the calorie content per serving (most are less than 500 calories per serving). This book will show you the best way to make and cook healthy and cost efficient freezer meals from start to finish! For more information please CLICK HERE, the book can be purchased either as an e-Book or hardcopy.

To purchase a PDF file of this e-Book (for $7.99) directly from myself please click the PayPal button below





To Purchase a Full Color, Hard Copy of this Book (for $21.99) please click the Amazon link below:

Amazon

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi friends!  I'm stopping by today to let you in on a project I've been working on for the past 9 months (no it's not a baby haha)!  As you know, I love making freezer meals, and I've had such a great response posting my recipes on the blog that I decided to make a Freezer Meal e-Book!  The book is not done yet but I wanted to let you know that it's on its way :)

The book is called "Make Ahead Meals: Freezer Meal Recipes that Make Dinner Quick and Easy" and it is a guide to freezer cooking, including how to schedule your cooking sessions, grocery shopping, storage, etc.  It also includes printables for inventory tracking and labeling your meals (I, of course, need everything to be perfectly organized!).  After you're a freezer cooking expert the book includes over 50 recipes to get you started stocking up your freezer.  The recipes include all different types of meat, vegetarian recipes, breakfast, and dessert-- plus each one is made using only whole foods, no store bought sauces or soups!  The recipes also include a calorie count per serving and detailed freezing instructions so your meals will still taste delicious after thawing.  Most meals hover around 400-500 calories, so they are all pretty healthy (with the exception of one very decadent yet very delicious Three Layer Oreo Pie).  Since this is a freezer meal cookbook the whole point is to cook in bulk ahead of time, so each recipe makes anywhere from 2-4 meals at once (8-16 servings) so you can rest assured you're being cost effective and efficient with your time.

As you can imagine, writing/recipe testing/and photographing this book has been a HUGE undertaking, but I really hope you will enjoy the finished product.  It's very close to being completed except for a couple recipes for which I still need photographs (unfortunately Robb has been crazy busy lately so it's hard to get him to take pictures for me) and some finishing touches.  The book will be available via Amazon for hardcopy and on my website for the PDF e-Book version :)  Make sure you stick around to learn more and I will definitely be sharing some of my favorite recipes here as well.  I wish I could give you a more definite release date but at the moment I'm also busy working full time, being a mom, being a wife, scrapbooking, and working on my New Years resolutions (phew!), but I promise I'll let you know as soon as *I* know :)  I'll try and make it up to you--- you can learn my top 5 tips for succesful freezer meals by visiting my guest blog post up at Blissful and Domestic HERE, and in the meantime here are some sneaks of the food!

 Ginger Soup with Tempeh, Bok Choy, and Ramen (Vegetarian)

 Pork Chops with Mushroom and Ale Gravy

 On-The-Go Vegetable Breakfast Burrito

3 Layer Oreo Pie

YUM right?  You're going to love the book (I hope!).  I'll be back in a day or two for a recap on the ridiculous happenings of the last 2 weeks in the Cyr household (hint: it involves a non-CF related trip to the ER for Charlie, a deer with a death wish, and a microbial invasion of our household).  It's been just a weeeee bit hectic ;)

2 comments:

  1. Phew!!!!! I'm exhausted just reading about what you are up to ... that is a LOT of balls to juggle and now a cookbook as well?!!!!! It looks fab - good for you! Not quite sure if you are getting any sleep while all this is going on but best of luck for the next venture - I look forward to reading all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks Neroli! I do seem to have a problem with enjoying free time and constantly creating projects! Every time I think to myself "it'll be so nice to have some free time once this project is done" I come up with something else to occupy my time instead ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're awesome!