Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Years Eve Munchies

Hi everyone! Happy (belated) New Years!  Did you have a fun NYE? I can't say I did too much that night but I had a fun afternoon.  First Charlie and I met up with my mom and aunt (who is visiting from Seattle) for some lunch and then they took Charlie and my mom treated me to a facial! Ahhhh, sooooo relaxinggggg :) Afterwards I hung out with my Aunt for a bit and then headed home.


Robb and I didn't do much for NYE since we had Charlie but we did remember to open up our Jar of Good Things and read them aloud :)  And I got some cute little hats for the boys to wear as well, Charlie kept his on all night and kept saying Happy New Year to Robb and I hehe.  I had to work New Years Day so I may or may not have fallen asleep on the couch at 1030 like the most pathetic 29 year old ever.


I also put together a fun little platter to munch on.  The day before I had made a huge batch of Chex Mix-- my mom usually makes this every year and she has a secret that makes it taste SO good.  Like way better than you ever knew Chex Mix could taste.  Really, really, really good.  Plus she adds in Bugles and Cheetos and that's pretty delicious too.  But no, I'm not telling you the secret haha.  So I made a batch myself, which wasn't QUITE as perfect as hers but still pretty darn good! I also laid out some cheeses, salami, and crackers since cheese is always a winner.  Lastly, I made some pancetta wrapped asparagus.  I LOVE these little appetizers, they're so yummy :) Wanna know how to make them? They're really easy

Pancetta and Boursin Wrapped Asparagus 

Ingredients
2lbs asparagus
1 small package garlic and herb Boursin cheese
2x 8oz packages, or 1/2lb freshly sliced, pancetta or prosciutto


First, preheat your oven to 350C then cut and blanch your asparagus for 1 minute.  You only need to do this step if you have thick stalks of asparagus, if you have thin stalks you can skip it.  Drain your asparagus and let dry.


Lay the pancetta on your cutting board individually and spread each with a couple teaspoons of boursin. If you're boursin is too still to spread you can microwave it for 10-15 seconds to soften it.


Wrap one slice of pancetta around each stalk of asparagus and lay on a baking sheet.  If you have extra asparagus leftover just throw those on the baking sheet too- roasted asparagus is good on it's own too IMHO :)

Cook for 10 minutes at 350C until the pancetta is browned and delicious and the cheese starts to ooze out, mmmmm....

Give this recipe a shot, it's super quick and *very* tasty!  Okay, time to prepare for (yet another) stupid snow storm ughhhhh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're awesome!