Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mother's Day Ideas Past and Present

Hi everyone! Mother's Day is this Sunday (can you believe that? It seems so early this year!) and I thought I'd share some past Mother themed projects I've made and my gift to my mom for this year. Unfortunately I'll be working this Mother's Day but maybe we'll do something fun together on Tuesday instead :)




The above photos are a shadowbox I made for my mom this year.  She has a beach house here in CT and Charlie LOVES to go there and play in the sand.  Since he loves it so much I decided to make a little 8x8 layout with some beach photos from last year.  I then put the mini layout in a shadow box that I filled with sand and seashells that Charlie collected from the same beach-- I hope she likes it!  I used Noel Mignon's Carousel kit for this project.

And here's a little extra inspiration in the form of mother-themed projects of years past :)





If you're looking for some yummy treats to make for a Mother's Day brunch I have just the ticket!  A Spring Vegetable and Feta Quiche, Banana Cinnamon Muffins, mimosas, and Oreo Pie for dessert.  YUM!  You can make the quiche, muffins, and pie ahead of time so no having to wake up early!  Check out the recipes in my Make Ahead Meals cookbook HERE :)

Have a great Mother's Day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I love your beach shadow box! That's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda!!! Luckily my mom liked it too :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're awesome!