Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas Tree Shopping

Good morning! Last week on December 1st Robb, Charlie, and myself all went to pick out and cut down a Christmas tree. We weren't wasting any time this year getting in the holiday spirit- I was eager to get it up as soon as tradition allowed :)


We went to Maple Creek Farms in Preston, CT again this year since last year was so much fun.  Charlie was really excited to pick out a tree- he wanted all of them! I think we picked a pretty darn good one, even if it is a tad short (Robb thinks it's just right, of course.  He would have a miniature fake tree if I left him to his own devices).  Robb also took some photos for our Christmas card this year (more on that later!)























 
Of course decorating the tree and hanging ornaments is half of the fun!


Here's the finished product


Since it was December 1st our elf, Frederick, came and brought Charlie a very special Star Wars lego advent calendar.  Kid is getting spoiled, sheesh.  He loves it though :)


Frederick has been up to all kinds of mischief this year.  Charlie has found him taking a marshmallow bubble bath (which I was very jealous about), playing Candyland with his figurines, racing trucks on the floor, swinging on a candy cane zip line, and doing Charlie's breathing treatments.  However the most naughty elf shenanigan had to have been when he put all of Charlie's underwear all over our tree.  What a little stinker!


We also got into the Christmas spirit by making a gingerbread house! We do this every year and they're usually pretty ugly but this year it actually came out looking pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.  He also made a very special Christmas tree art project with his nanny.  Adorable!



We've been having so much fun! We're off to see the big man himself today and hopefully bake some cookies and Chex Mix this week :) My December Daily is still going, too - I just placed a photo order for the first week, so I'm looking forward to getting all the pictures into the album ASAP.  I've been pretty good about remembering to take and edit pictures in a timely manner.  I've also been enjoying being able to quickly add words to my photos right on my phone (see gingerbread house picture above)- I think that'll look nice in the finished album.  Hopefully I can keep it up :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me a comment! You're awesome!